Ludwigia Peruensis/Glandulosa Aquatic Farmer Tissue Culture
Common Name: Diamond Ludwigia
Diamond Ludwigia is a less common Ludwigia variation with very unique coloration. In ideal conditions these plants’ leaves are green on top and red underneath, adding a stunning dimension to the mid-ground of almost any aquascape. Their vivid color creates a superb focal point. Diamond Ludwigia plants have oval, pointed leaves that grow in opposite pairs along the stem. The leaves can be green, gold, orange, or red, depending on tank conditions. These plants are very attractive when planted in bunches of 10-12 stems.
In order to achieve the desirable bright colors in your Diamond Ludwigia, you must provide high lighting and nutrient levels. Supplemental iron will bring out more brilliant red tones in the plant. CO2 injection is recommended to see optimal growth and color. The plant can be grown submersed or emersed, and emersed plants will produce delicate yellow flowers.
- Tissue culture plants are grown in vitro from a state of the art laboratory specialized in propagating aquatic plants. They provide the best option for those who want to ensure that absolutely zero unwanted pests are introduced into the aquarium.
- Remove tissue culture gel before planting. Simply wash the gel away or soak the plant in water and squeeze the gel off with your fingers.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- For instructions on how to properly plant tissue culture aquarium plants, click here.
- CO2 injection and quality aquarium soil will yield better growth.
Family Name: Onagraceae
Growth Rate: Moderate