Java Fern Trident Mini
Common Name: Java Fern Trident Mini, Microsorum Pteropus
Java Fern Trident Mini is a unique variant belonging to the well-known family species, Microsorum. As its name states, Java Fern Trident Mini is a smaller form of Java Fern Trident that features narrow, fork-like leaves. This bright green aquatic plant is a wonderful choice for novice hobbyists and does a good job of filling in open space in a planted aquarium tank. This particular variant works well in all sizes of aquariums and is highly adaptable to different water parameters. Java Fern Trident Mini is also versatile with placement and can be used for a variety of looks such as small bushes of green or acting as leaves on a unique piece of aquarium driftwood. This aquatic plant can also be tied to stones or left free floating.
Java fern is one of the most popular aquarium plants in the hobby due to its beauty and easy care. They can grow in low light conditions and a wide range of water parameters.
- Java Fern is an epiphytic aquarium plant. This means it can grow fine when attached to aquascaping hardscape like driftwood and stones.
- Java Fern will propagate through its leaves. Dots on the underside of its leaves are normal and not a cause for concern.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- Remove the cotton surrounding the roots and plant above a quality substrate. For instructions on how to properly prep aquarium plants, click here.
- Burying the rhizome will cause the plant to die
- CO2 injection will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
Family Name: Polypodiaceae
Co2: Not Required
Propagation: Separate by Rhizome
Growth rate: Slow to Moderate