Bucephalandra Biblis Blue Sky (Farmed)
Common Name: Buce Biblis Blue
Bucephalandra Biblis Blue Sky is a beautiful variant belonging to the Bucephalandra family. Relatively small, Buce Biblis Blue Sky is a great aquatic plant choice for nano aquariums due to its small size and ornamental appearance. Buce Biblis Blue Sky grows smaller leaves with a slight curl with colors varying from dark green to reddish brown hues. Like most Buce, Bucephalandra Biblis is easy to care for and can be grown submerged or emerged in an array of setups such as aquariums, terrariums, paludariums, and vivariums. Buce Biblis's growth is slow and new growth sprouts via leaves along its long rhizome. Placement for this aquatic plant is simple and it can be attached to hardscape material or aquarium decor using super glue or thread.
Although unnecessary, CO2 and a quality fertilizer encourages healthier growth and is recommended if possible.
- Bucephalandra is an epiphytic aquarium plant so it can be attached to aquarium hardscape.
- Do not plant Bucephalandra in substrate and cover the rhizome. This will cause it to melt and rot.
- Bucephalandra’s final size, coloration and growth rate are dependent upon the condition of the aquarium Photos are a representation of what you will receive and may vary.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- Please be sure to remove this plant from its pot. Remove the cotton surrounding the roots and plant into a quality substrate. For instructions on how to properly prep "potted" aquarium plants, click here.
- CO2 injection will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
Family Name: Araceae
- Endemic To: Borneo
- Leaves: 1-2 inches
- pH: 6-8
- Care: Easy
- Light: Low to Medium
- Co2: Not necessary but recommended
- Propagation: Cut by rhizome
- Growth rate: Slow