Common name: Blue Spikemoss, Peacock Spikemoss, Spring Blue Spikemoss
Selaginella Indonesia is a commonly used plant for terrarium-like setups and vivariums. Although not a true moss, Selaginella species also thrive in areas with high humidity and indirect sunlight. This shrub-like tropical plant gets its name from the blue-green iridescent coloration of its foliage. This species of Selaginella is a great choice for providing ground coverage as it grows close to the ground, rarely exceeding 3 inches in height. With the right conditions Selaginella Indonesia is easy plant to care for and a great edition to any terrarium-like setup.
- This is not an aquarium plant. Submerging it completely will result in the death of this plant.
- Selaginella Kraussiana works well in terrarium-like setups and should be partially shaded with good humidity.
- Remove the cotton surrounding the roots and plant into quality soil.
- Yellowing of leaves indicates over-watering.
- Drying and browning leaves may indicate overexposure to light
Family Name: Selaginellaceae
Origin: Southeast Asia
Light: Low to Medium
Growth rate: Moderate to Fast