Alternanthera Reineckii Green
Common Name: Alternanthera Reineckii Green, AR Green
AR Green is a unique variant of the popular red stem plant, Alternanthera Reineckii. This plant has a bright red stem and soft green leaves with hints of pink. The pink underneath results in an interesting color contrast, making this plant the perfect addition to Dutch aquascapes.
Like many other stem plants, it requires medium to high light with the addition of CO2 for optimal growth. It can be grown emersed or submerged, making it a great addition to any planted aquarium or paludarium.
- Alternanthera provides great coverage for sensitive fauna species and is a relatively easy choice for beginners who are looking for colored aquarium plants.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- Please be sure to remove this plant from its wrap. Remove the plant weight and foam surrounding the roots and plant into a quality substrate. For instructions on how to properly prep “bunched“ aquarium plants, click here.
- CO2 injection and quality aquarium soil will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
Family Name: Amaranthaceae
Origin: Central/South America
Care: Easy to Moderate
Light: Medium to high
Propagation: Cut stem and replant
Growth rate: Moderate to Fast