Alternanthera Reineckii 'Mini'
Common Name: AR Mini
AR Mini is a dwarf variant of the well recognized Alternanthera Reineckii. This plant is commonly used in Dutch aquascapes for its bright and vibrant red colors. Its miniature growth allows it to be used in both large and small aquariums as either a foreground, midground or background plant. Like other stem plants, it requires medium to high light with the addition of CO2 for optimum growth. It can be grown emersed or submerged and reaches up to 8 inches tall.
Propagating AR Mini is like any other stem plant, simply cut the stem and replant.
- Alternanthera provides great coverage for sensitive fauna species and is a relatively easy choice for beginners who are looking for colored aquarium plants.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- Please be sure to remove this plant from its wrap. Remove the foam surrounding the roots and plant into a quality substrate. For instructions on how to properly prep “bunched“ aquarium plants, click here.
- CO2 injection and quality aquarium soil will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
Family Name: Amaranthaceae
Origin: South America
Light: Medium to High
Co2: Recommended for red coloration
Propagation: Cut stem, new growth, or lateral shoots
Growth rate: Moderate
Fertilizer: UNS Plant Food 2-3x per week