Ammannia Sp. Sulawesi
Common Name: Ammannia Sulawesi
Ammannia Sulawesi is a rare aquarium stem plant that provides varying tones that include orange, green and pinkish hues. Due to this aquatic plant's vertical growing pattern, we recommend planting it in dense groups to produce a full, bushy appearance. This species is not difficult to grow once established, but will require experience to ensure it is able to transition and establish a healthy root system. An established aquarium with moderate to high lighting, CO2 injection, nutrient dosing and consistent maintenance habits will provide better chances of success.
Ammannia Sp. Sulawesi works beautifully as a background plant choice and will certainly add visual interest to the aquascape. This aquarium plant can be grown in both submerged and emersed conditions, so transitional experience is recommended. Once established, regular trimming will need to be performed.
Ammannia Sp. Sulawesi Specifications
Please note, all stats are provided as general guidelines. Factors such as height, size and overall success can vary depending on care and environment.
- Origin: Indonesia
- Height: 4-12"
- Care: Intermdiate to Advanced
- Lighting: Medium to High
- CO2: Required
- Propagation: Cut stem and replant
- Growth rate: Medium
- Intensity of coloration, final size, and growth rate is largely based on the conditions this plant is kept in. This is a live plant meaning size, shape and color may vary.
- Please be sure to remove this plant from its wrap. Remove the foam surrounding the roots and plant into a quality substrate. For instructions on how to properly prep “bunched“ aquarium plants, click here.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt of the aquarium plant.
- High CO2 injection and sufficient nutrients will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.