Ammannia Towuti UNS Tissue Culture
Common Name: Ammannia TowutiAmmannia Sp. Towuti is a rare variation of Ammannia originating from Indonesia. Named after a lake on Sulawesi Island, this aquarium plant features bright green color and slightly serrated leaf edges, making it a great addition to any planted aquarium. There is very limited information available on this particular aquatic plant, so it may be suitable to aquascapers and hobbyists who have more experience caring for aquatic plants.
Ammannia Towuti Specifications
Please note, all stats are provided as general guidelines. Factors such as height, size and overall success can vary depending on care and environment.
- Origin: Indonesia
- Care: Easy
- Lighting: Medium to high
- CO2: Not required, but recommended
- Propagation: Cuttings
- Growth rate: Moderate
- Tissue culture plants are grown in-vitro in laboratories specialized in propagating aquatic plants. They provide the best option for those who want to ensure that absolutely zero unwanted pests are introduced into the aquarium.
- Remove tissue culture gel before planting. Simply wash the gel away or soak the plant in water and squeeze the gel off, gently.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt of the aquarium plant.
- For instructions on how to properly plant tissue culture aquarium plants, click here.
- CO2 injection and quality aquarium soil will yield better growth.