Anubias Nana Long Wavy on Driftwood
Common Name: Anubias Wavy
The Anubias Nana “Long Wavy” is a rare variation that will make a unique addition to any tank's foreground. The plant has small, dark green, oblong and wavy shaped leaves with a hardy, waxy texture. These plants are tough and will accept a wide range of water parameters, making them perfect for beginners. This flowering plant has the ability to grow submerged and emersed making it suitable for aquarium, terrarium, paludarium, and vivarium use.
This particular Anubias Wavy comes readily attached to driftwood. The piece of driftwood has holes and crevices which makes for the perfect medium for aquatic plants such as Anubias and Bucephalandra to attach themselves to. Since it comes already attached, you can easily add it to your aquarium and even cover the driftwood with moss as well!
Anubias have low to medium light requirements and can benefit from regular fertilization. CO2 is not necessary but can promote faster growth and more robust leaves. Since its a slow grower, the leaves are susceptible to algae growth if placed under high lighting.
- Each plant and piece of driftwood is unique. The photos are a representation of what you may receive.
Anubias are strong plants that can thrive in a variety of environments.
- These epiphytes can be planted above the substrate or attached to hardscape.
- Burying the rhizome will cause the plant to melt and die.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- CO2 injection and quality aquarium soil will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
Family Name: Araceae
Origin: West Africa
Light: Low to medium
CO2: Not necessary
Propagation: Rhizome division
Growth rate: Slow