Anubias Nana on Christmas Moss Tower
Common Name: Anubias Nana on Moss Tower
Anubias Nana is the dwarf variant of the popular Anubias plant, frequently used in all types of aquariums. Like other Anubias it can grow in both aquariums and terrariums either submerged or emersed. This plant is suitable as a midground and background as the leaves can grow up to 3” long. Here, the Anubias is attached onto a black plastic tower covered in Christmas Moss. This combination provides height and a new aqua scaping option. If placed horizontally, this tower can act as a cave for shrimp and nano fish to hide in.
Both the moss and Anubias are easy plants to care for. They can thrive in low light and CO2 conditions but will benefit from high light and CO2 injections. The moss can be trimmed regularly to achieve a more compact appearance and ensure that the Anubias does not get outcompeted. Both these plants can be propagated by cuttings, just be sure to cut the Anubias at the rhizome.
- Anubias are hardy plants that can thrive in a variety of environments.
- Anubias are epiphytes can be planted above the substrate or attached to hardscape.
- Burying the rhizome, will cause the plant to melt and die.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- CO2 injection and quality aquarium soil will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
Co2: Not necessary
Propagation: Anubias: Separate by Rhizome, Moss: Cutting
Growth rate: Slow to moderate