Anubias Barteri 'Wrinkle Leaf'
Common Name: Anubias Barteri 'Wrinkle Leaf'
Anubias Barteri 'Wrinkle Leaf' is a less common type of Anubias characterized by the ruffled edges of the leaves. This is an extremely easy plant to grow and can survive a wide range of water parameters. It has short and round leaves very similar to the Anubias Barteri aside from the leaf's wrinkly with a peculiar texture. This plant is suitable as a midground and background as the leaves can grow up to 3” long.
The plant can be attached directly onto driftwood, rocks or any aquarium decoration using thread or glue. Make sure to keep the rhizomes above your substrate or the plant can begin to rot. Propagation is easy and straightforward; simply cut or pull apart rhizomes to be replanted.
- Anubias are strong plants that can thrive in a variety of environments.
- These epiphytes can be planted above the substrate or attached to hardscape.
- Burying the rhizome, will cause the plant to melt and die.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- Please be sure to remove this plant from its pot. For instructions on how to properly prep aquarium plants, click here.
- CO2 injection and quality aquarium soil will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
Family Name: Araceae
Origin: West Africa
Co2: Not necessary
Propagation: Separate by rhizome
Growth rate: Slow to moderate