Common name: Aponogeton Natans
Aponogteon Natans is an aquatic bulb plant with long green wavy leaves that originally comes from stagnant waters in India and Sri Lanka. Like most Aponogeton species, this particular aquatic plant can grow quite large, making it a great addition as a background plant focal plant. With optimal care, Aponogeton Natans flowers frequently and is a great additional to planted aquariums.
Half of the bulb should be buried into the substrate to facilitate growth. Avoid completely burying the bulb as this can promote bulb rot.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- Aponogeton grows fairly large making this aquarium plant suitable for larger planted aquariums.
- Please be sure to remove this plant from its lead bunch. Remove the cotton surrounding the roots and plant into a quality substrate. For instructions on how to properly prep "bunched" aquarium plants, click here.
- CO2 injection and quality aquarium soil will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
Family Name: Aponogetonaceae
Origin: Sri Lanka
Light: Moderate to High
Co2: Not necessary
Growth Rate: Medium