Ardisia Black Type 1
Common name: Ardisia Black
Ardisia Black is one of 700 species of Ardisia, that originate from Asia. The leaves of Ardisia Black have a rounded tear drop appearance, with hues of dark green, brown, and red. Leaf colors will depend on the conditions in which the plants are grown in. Higher intensities of light will bring out more reds.
Originating from tropical rainforest, Ardisia Black thrives in humid and wet environments. Soil should never be allowed to completely dry but be careful not to over water. Ardisia Black does best grown under bright indirect light. Leaves that are exposed to direct light, have a high chance of being burned and damaged.
- Ardisia species are terrestrial plants and being submerged will result in death of the plants.
- Ardisia species should be grown in humid conditions with indirect light.
- Plants may grow differently depending on the environment in which they are grown in.
- Additional research should be done to provide optimum growing conditions for the plant to thrive.
- You will receive a cutting with 2-4 leaves.
- Photos are a representation of what you will receive. Size, shape and color may vary as this is a live plant.
Family Name: Primulaceae
Light: Partial Shade
Growth rate: Slow