Common name: Ardisia Dino
Ardisia Dino is one of 700 species of Ardisia, that originate from Asia. The leaves of Ardisia Dino are large and broad. The name Ardisia Dino comes from its unique reptilian like texture, that will certainly be an eye catcher in any tank! Colors range from light to dark green leaves that have a radiating iridescent sheen. The colors will change depending on the conditions in which the plants are grown in.
Originating from tropical rainforest, Ardisia Dino does best in humid and wet environments. The soil should never be allowed to completely dry but be careful not to over water. Over watering can cause root or stem rot, that may lead to death of the plant. Ardisia Dino grows best under bright indirect light. Leaves that are exposed to intense direct light, have a high chance of being burned and damaged. Due to these requirements and growth patterns, Ardisia Dino are best suited as a background plant for terrarium and paludarium set ups.
- Ardisia species are terrestrial plants and being submerged will result in death of the plants.
- Ardisia species should be grown in humid conditions with indirect light.
- Plants may grow differently depending on the environment in which they are grown in.
- Additional research should be done to provide optimum growing conditions for the plant to thrive.
- You will receive a cutting with 2-4 leaves.
- Photos are a representation of what you will receive. Size, shape and color may vary as this is a live plant.
Family Name: Primulaceae
Light: Partial Shade
Growth rate: Slow