Assorted Echinodorus Plant Pack
Common Name: Amazon Sword, Echinodorus
Amazon Sword plants are a popular choice in the aquarium hobby for a variety of reasons. Amazon Sword plants are known for their hardy nature and large size. They're a great choice for larger aquariums, ponds and any aquarium that needs background coverage.
This genus of plants has the capacity to reach considerable sizes, making them great for larger aquariums. However, care should be taken to frequently prune these plants to ensure other species are not shaded from the light source. Echinodorus plants reproduce via side shoots that sprout from leaves, which can then be pruned or separated and replanted into the substrate.
Echinodorus are heavy root feeders and require a nutrient-dense aquarium soil for best results. Low to moderate lighting levels are sufficient. While it isn't required, introduction of CO2 can accelerate growth, if desired. Amazon Sword plants are suitable for both aquarium and terrarium conditions. They are fantastic beginner plants and will readily adapt to a wide variety of parameters.
Key Features & Important Notes:
- Echinodorus is a very hardy species of aquatic plants. Most Echinodorus require nutrient-dense soil to thrive as they are heavy root feeders.
Echinodorus grow fairly large and are more suitable for larger planted aquariums.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- CO2 injection and quality aquarium soil will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
- Some examples of what you may receive in this pack:
- Echinodorus Martii Major
- Echinodorus Ozelot Green
- Echinodorus Ozelot
- Echinodorus Cordifolius
- Echinodorus Rose
- Echinodorus Red Phoenix
- Echinodorus Narrow Mini
- Echinodorus Grandifolius
Family Name: Alismataceae
Origin: South America
Height: 4-20” but may vary
Light: Low to Moderate
Co2: Not Require
Propagation: Separate and replant
Growth rate: Moderate to Fast