Common Name: Water Hyssop, Lemon Bacopa, Giant Red Bacopa
Lemon Bacopa is a lovely midground stem plant with delicate, flower-like clusters of light green leaves. This aquarium hobby staple adds a whimsical accent to the planted tank. Lemon bacopa can be grown submersed or emersed and will bloom tiny purple and blue flowers above water. Pleasantly, it has the smell of lemon when crushed or cut.
This plant can be great for beginners because it does not need CO2 injection. It does prefer a nutrient-rich environment and clean water. Lemon bacopa requires moderate light but can tolerate low lighting if necessary. Leaves will turn reddish or bronze under high light. When phosphate levels are low leaves can attain a pink hue. Lemon bacopa is propagated through cuttings that easily take root in the substrate.
- Tissue culture plants are grown in vitro from a state of the art laboratory specialized in propagating aquatic plants. They provide the best option for those who want to ensure that absolutely zero unwanted pests are introduced into the aquarium.
- Remove tissue culture gel before planting. Simply wash the gel away or soak the plant in water and squeeze the gel off with your fingers.
- Bacopa is extremely hardy aquarium plants and is a great beginner choice. However, its leaves are fragile and should be handled with care.
- For instructions on how to properly plant tissue culture aquarium plants, click here.
- CO2 injection and quality aquarium soil will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
Family Name: Plantaginaceae
Origin: Southeast United States
Co2: Not necessary
Growth rate: Slow
Fertilizer: UNS Plant Food
Because we love our plants so much and don't want to let them go, we only ship on Monday. Just kidding!
For the safety of these magical plants, we only ship Monday through Wednesday, and Friday. Orders placed after 1pm Pacific Time will be shipped the following day.
Rimless aquariums and other hard goods will be shipped Monday through Friday via UPS Ground or freight. When purchasing plants/livestock with any hard goods, they will sometimes be shipped separately; but don't worry, we'll be sure to keep you updated with your purchase!
Please make sure your shipping address is correct as we will not be held responsible for DOA due to an undeliverable addresses.
Hard goods can be returned up to 30 days after purchase for a full refund as long as the product is unused and new in box. We offer store credit for items that have been opened and used. Customer will have to pay for return shipping freight.
We are unable to accept returns for perishable items such as plants or livestock. However, feel free to reach out to us if you are unsatisfied in any way! We do provide 100% DOA (Dead On Arrival) protection.
If your plants arrived DOA (Dead On Arrival), please provide a clear picture of the plants sealed in its original packaging within 12 hours of the package arrival at the shipping address.
Send all pictures, along with your order number to email@example.com or through Facebook Messenger.
During winter (under 50°F at your location), please remember to add a heat pack to your order to receive our DOA guarantee. Orders without the purchase of a heat pack will not qualify for DOA replacements, refunds or credits.
Don’t worry, we’ll take care of your order as long as it fits within the guidelines above!
We will not be able to refund gift cards for cash from the gift card receiver. However, if you purchased the gift card for someone and decide you need a refund, please contact us!