Bucephalandra Boyan Mini Narrow
Common Name: Bucephalandra Boyan Mini Narrow, Buce Boyan Mini
Bucephalandra Boyan Mini Narrow is a rare Bucephalandra species. This specimen is a miniature variety and features deep green coloration with a prominent central vein that runs down each leaf. When grown in optimal conditions, Buce Boyan Mini Narrow has the potential to display iridescent color tones and is a perfect ornamental midground plant. Like other Buce species, Boyan Mini Narrow grows relatively slow so it should be placed in a slightly shaded area as its leaves can be susceptible to algae growth.
Bucephalandra are great for beginners and will adapt to a wide range of aquarium conditions. However, when given optimal care, growth is dense, healthy and colors intensify. Buce are versatile with placement and are suitable for a variety of set ups, including aquariums, terrariums, paludariums, and vivariums. Bucephalandra grow best being attached to hardscape, such as driftwood or rock. It is crucial to avoid burying the rhizome as this may cause rot.
- Bucephalandra is an epiphytic aquarium plant so it can be attached to aquarium hardscape.
- Do not plant Bucephalandra in substrate and cover the rhizome. This will cause it to melt and rot.
- Bucephalandra’s final size, coloration and growth rate are dependent upon the condition of the aquarium Photos are a representation of what you will receive and may vary.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- Please be sure to remove this plant from its pot. Remove the cotton surrounding the roots and plant into a quality substrate.
- CO2 injection will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
Family Name: Araceae
Endemic To: Borneo
Light: Low to Medium
Co2: Not necessary but recommended
Propagation: Cut by rhizome
Growth rate: Slow