Bucephalandra Dark Green Wavy (Farmed)
Common Name: Bucephalandra Dark Green Wavy
Bucephalandra Dark Green Wavy is a mutation from the ever popular and classic Buce species, Buce Green Wavy. Known for its beautiful foliage and rich coloration, Bucephalandra Dark Green Wavy is extremely similar but features a darker, richer hue, as its name suggests. Like all Bucephalandra species, Buce Dark Green Wavy is an easy aquatic plant and a good starting point for beginner hobbyists looking to add to or start a planted aquarium. Bucephalandra can grow in a wide range of aquarium conditions and will be fine with low lighting. Providing these aquatic plants with CO2 and clean water will help to promote growth as they are very slow, but this is optional. Like the classic, Bucephalandra Green Wavy, Dark Green Wavy also features signature ruffled leaves that will pop in any planted tank.
All Bucephalandra species can be propagated by cutting the rhizome and attached to driftwood and rocks using super glue gel or thread.
- Bucephalandra is an epiphytic aquarium plant so it can be attached to aquarium hardscape.
- Do not plant Bucephalandra in substrate and cover the rhizome. This will cause it to melt and rot.
- Bucephalandra’s final size, coloration and growth rate are dependent upon the condition of the aquarium Photos are a representation of what you will receive and may vary.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- Please be sure to remove this plant from its pot. Remove the cotton surrounding the roots and plant accordingly. For instructions on how to properly prep "potted" aquarium plants, click here.
- CO2 injection will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
Family Name: Araceae
Endemic To: Borneo
Leaves: 1-3 inches
Light: Low to Medium
Co2: Not necessary but recommended
Propagation: Cut by rhizome
Growth rate: Slow