Buce's versatility and ease in care are what make the plant so desirable for planted tanks, terrariums, or even ponds. Many species commonly produce flowers....Read more
Common Name: Bucephalandra Titan
Buce Titan is a smaller variant in the Buce family. This particular variant of Bucephalandra features small ruffled leaves that sprout from a colored stem along the rhizome (very similar to Bucephalandra Catherinae Red). Buce Titan's leaves vary in dark green to blueish tones depending on the environment it is kept in. Just like other Buce species, Buce Titan is slow growing and works well in low-light planted aquariums. It doesn't require too much, but CO2 injection along with a dosing schedule will help yield quicker and more robust growth.
Buce Titan does best when attached to aquarium driftwood or rocks. This can be done by attaching it with super glue gel or thread. Care should be taken to ensure the rhizome is not damaged or buried to prevent root rot. Bucephalandra Titan is a great species to add to your Buce collection!
- Bucephalandra is an epiphytic aquarium plant so it can be attached to aquarium hardscape.
- Do not plant Bucephalandra in substrate and cover the rhizome. This will cause it to melt and rot.
- Bucephalandra’s final size, coloration and growth rate are dependent upon the condition of the aquarium Photos are a representation of what you will receive and may vary.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- Please be sure to remove this plant from its pot. Remove the cotton surrounding the roots and plant into a quality substrate. For instructions on how to properly prep "potted" aquarium plants, click here.
- CO2 injection will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
Family Name: Araceae
Endemic To: Borneo
Leaves: Small and ruffled
Light: Low to Medium
Co2: Not necessary but recommended
Propagation: Cut by rhizome
Growth rate: Slow