Christmas Moss on Fiber Mat
Common Name: Christmas Moss
Christmas moss (xmas moss) is a classic staple in the planted aquarium hobby! Characterized by its bold green hue, it is a commonly used moss in many famous aquascapes. Aquarium moss, in general, has many different uses and can be utilized to recreate a variety of styles and can be used for multiple purposes in a planted tank. This particular listing offers Christmas Moss already attached to a 100% aquarium-safe recycled fiber mat. Although it is okay to place this aquarium plant into the tank immediately, we still recommend practicing general quarantine with any new plant arrivals to ensure cleanliness and safety for your livestock.
Most commonly, Christmas Moss is typically used to wrap aquascaping rocks or aquarium driftwood. The addition of moss to hardscape adds an aged look that is enjoyed by enthusiasts of all skill levels. Moss is also commonly used in breeding projects and can provide valuable coverage for fry. There are many types of aquarium moss and each species will vary in growth patterns with slightly varying fronds! One of the most loved attributes of aquarium moss is its hardiness. Aquarium moss makes a wonderful beginner plant and is an easy introduction to keeping live aquatic plants.
It can be grown under a wide range of aquarium conditions and is recommended for breeders, beginners, and all.
- Aquarium moss is extremely hardy and will survive in a wide range of aquarium parameters.
- Please note, most moss species can contain brown bits and while suitable for low tech tanks, CO2 injection will yield better growth and coloration.
- Do not make drastic changes to the planted aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- CO2 injection will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
Light: Low to Medium
Co2: Not necessary but recommended
Propagation: Cut, Rip, Chew
Dimensions: 8in x 4in