Common Name: Cryptocoryne Axelrodi
Crypt Axelrodi is a rarer Cryptocoryne species that features narrow leaves, hardy nature and a greenish-brown color. It works great for mid ground plant coverage in planted tanks and is easy to care for. However, we'd recommend that it is not moved like most crypts as this can potentially trigger Crypt melt.
Like other crypts, Cryptocoryne Axelrodi is great for beginner hobbyists due to its ease in keeping and low care requirements. If grown in good aquarium substrate such as Ultum Nature System Controsoil, the plant can feed through the roots and grow quickly without the need for high light, CO2 or fertilizer dosing. However, the addition of CO2 and good lighting will result in healthier, more robust growth.
Crypts can be grown emersed or submerged. Propagate by splitting the rhizome or cutting off new growth and replanting
- Cryptocoryne prefer not to be moved once planted. If possible, do not move them!
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- Please be sure to remove this plant from its pot. Remove the cotton surrounding the roots and plant into a quality substrate.
- CO2 injection and quality aquarium soil will yield better growth.
- Please research according to ensure the plant receives proper care.
Family Name: Araceae
Endemic To: Borneo
Light: Low to Medium
Co2: Not necessary but recommended
Propagation: Cut by rhizome
Growth rate: Slow