Common Name: Crypt Mioya
Crypt Mioya is a less common type of crypt that can serve as an ideal foreground or midground plant. The slender leaves have ruffled edges and can range from bright green to copper brown which adds some colorful contrast to the usual green foliage. Like other crypts, this plant is recommended for beginners due to its ease in keeping and low care requirements. If grown in good aquarium substrate such as Controsoil, the plant can feed through the roots and grow quickly without the need for high light, CO2 or fertilizer dosing.
Crypts can be grown emersed or submerged. Propagate by splitting the rhizome or cutting off new growth and replanting
- Cryptocoryne prefer not to be moved once planted. If possible, do not move them!
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- Please be sure to remove this plant from its pot. Remove the cotton surrounding the roots and plant into a quality substrate. For instructions on how to properly plant "potted" aquarium plants, click here.
- CO2 injection and quality aquarium soil will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
Light: Low to Medium
Co2: Recommended but not required
Propagation: Cut along rhizome and replant
Growth rate: Moderate to Fast