Common Name: Crypt Willisii
Cryptocoryne Willisii is a less common variant of Cryptocoryne which has bright green grass-like leaves. The characteristics are similar to that of other Crypts such as Crypt Lucens. Like other plants in the same family, it grows at a moderate rate and can be grown both submerged and emerged. To propagate, simply cut off new plantlets growing from the mother rhizome.
- Cryptocoryne prefer not to be moved once planted. If possible, do not move them!
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- Please be sure to remove this plant from its pot. Remove the cotton surrounding the roots and plant into a quality substrate. For instructions on how to properly plant "potted" aquarium plants, click here.
- CO2 injection and quality aquarium soil will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
Family Name: Araceae
Endemic To: Borneo
Light: Low to Medium
Co2: Not necessary but recommended
Propagation: Cut by rhizome
Growth rate: Slow