Common Name: Crypt Willisii
Cryptocoryne Willisii is a less common variant of Cryptocoryne which has bright green elongated leaves. The characteristics are similar to that of other Crypts such as Crypt Lucens. Like other plants in the same family, it grows at a moderate rate and can be grown both submerged and emersed. To propagate, simply cut off new plantlets growing from the mother rhizome.
- Cryptocoryne prefer not to be moved once planted. If possible, do not move them!
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- Please be sure to remove this plant from its pot. Remove the cotton surrounding the roots and plant into a quality substrate. For instructions on how to properly plant "potted" aquarium plants, click here.
- CO2 injection and quality aquarium soil will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
Family Name: Araceae
Endemic To: Borneo
Light: Low to Medium
Co2: Not necessary but recommended
Propagation: Cut by rhizome
Growth rate: Slow