Echinodorus Chocolate Marble
Common Name: Echinodorus Chocolate Marble
Echinodorus Chocolate Marble is a newer Echinodorus species with little information known about the aquarium plant. Like most Amazon Sword plants, Echinodorus Chocolate Marble is a common species in the planted tank hobby and are known to be hardy plants that are great for hobbyists of all skill levels. Echinodorus grow quite large and are also recommended for large planted tanks to accommodate their quick and robust growth.
Amazon sword plants can get pretty huge, making them a great fit for a large tank. Their large leaves can easily restrict light to other plants if they are not pruned regularly. These plants propagate through side shoots off of their leaves, which can be trimmed and replanted into the substrate. To control the size of your Amazon sword plant you can remove the side shoots and older leaves.
- Amazon sword plants are heavy root feeders and require nutrient-dense aquarium soil to grow properly and thrive.
- Most Echinodorus species grow quite large and are suitable as the background choice for large planted tanks.
- Please be sure to remove this plant from its pot. Remove the cotton surrounding the roots and plant into a quality substrate. For instructions on how to properly plant "potted" aquarium plants, click here.
- CO2 injection and quality aquarium soil will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
Common Name: Chocolate Marble Sword
Family Name: Alismataceae
Origin: South Africa
Co2: Not Required
Propagation: Separate new plantlets from the root
Growth rate: Slow to Moderate