Echinodorus Fancy Twist UNS Tissue Culture
Common Name: Fancy Twist Sword, Echinodorus Fancy Twist
Echinodorus Fancy Twist is a popular type of Amazon Sword that has leaves ranging from bright green to blood red. Like most swords, they should be planted directly into the substrate. When using inert substrates such as sand or gravel, it is important to supplement the plants with root tabs as Echinodorus are heavy root feeders. The plant can be grown both emersed and submerged and often times, new leaves can grow to the top above the water line. Overall, this plant is easy and undemanding and very suitable for larger tanks.
Echinodorus Fancy Twist Specifications
Please note, all stats are provided as general guidelines. Factors such as height, size and overall success can vary depending on care and environment.
- Family Name: Alismataceae
- Origin: South Africa
- Care: Easy
- Lighting: Low to medium
- CO2: Not required, but recommended
- Propagation: Separate new plantlets from the root
- Growth rate: Slow to moderate
- Echinodorus is a very hardy species of aquatic plants. Most Echinodorus require nutrient-dense soil to thrive as they are heavy root feeders.
- Echinodorus grow fairly large and are more suitable for larger planted aquariums.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- Please be sure to remove this plant from its pot. Remove the cotton surrounding the roots and plant into a quality substrate. For instructions on how to properly prep "potted" aquarium plants, click here.
- CO2 injection and quality aquarium soil will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.