Echinodorus (Helanthium) Tenellus UNS Tissue Culture
Common Name: Echinodorus Tenellus
Echinodorus Tenellus is a carpeting grass-like plant that bears a close resemblance to a mix between dwarf hair grass and micro swords. This plant grows by sending out lateral runners just like hair grass and other swords and when grown under proper conditions can spread to cover the foreground of your aquarium. For smaller nano tanks, this plant can also serve as a short background plant but adequate lighting and CO2 are recommended.
- Tissue culture plants are grown in vitro from a state of the art laboratory specialized in propagating aquatic plants. They provide the best option for those who want to ensure that absolutely zero unwanted pests are introduced into the aquarium.
- Remove tissue culture gel before planting. Simply wash the gel away or soak the plant in water and squeeze the gel off with your fingers.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- For instructions on how to properly plant tissue culture aquarium plants, click here.
- CO2 injection and quality aquarium soil will yield better growth.
Family Name: Haloragaceae
Care: Easy to Moderate
Light: Medium to High
Propagation: Cut stem and replant
Growth rate: Moderate to Fast