Common Name: Echinodorus Iguazu, Iguazu, Amazon Sword
Echinodorus Iguazu is arguably one of the rarest swords in the planted tank hobby. This Amazon Sword Plant is well-known for its hardy nature and beautiful foliage. Like other sword plants, E. Iguazu does best in nutrient dense aquarium soils with good flow and low to moderate lighting levels. It does not require intensive care, but its slow growth will require patience to grow a sizable specimen.
Key Features & Important Notes:
- Echinodorus is a hardy aquatic plant genus. These aquarium plants enjoy nutritious aquarium soils and feed heavily through their robust root systems.
- Most Echinodorus are known for their large size. The plant you receive may be in juvenile stages but ample room is recommended to accommodate growth.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- Please be sure to remove this plant from its pot. Remove the cotton surrounding the roots and plant into a quality substrate. For instructions on how to properly prep "potted" aquarium plants, click here.
- CO2 injection and quality aquarium soil will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
Family Name: Alismataceae
Origin: South America
Light: Low to moderate
Propagation: Separate plantlets
Growth rate: Slow