Common Name: Echinodorus Leopard, Leopard Sword
Echinodorus Leopard is a unique Amazon Sword plant that features bold green color with spots throughout. These markings are most apparent on new growth and lighten over time as the plant matures resulting in a unique look as the aquatic sword grows. Like other Amazon Sword plants, E. Leopard should be planted directly into nutritious substrate to ensure proper growth as they are heavy root feeders. If using inert substrates, root tabs are highly recommended to ensure proper nutrients are deilvered to the plant. Most Swords can be grown both emersed and submerged and will often sprout leaves above the water line. Overall, Echinodorurs Leopard is easy going, undemanding and well-suited for larger tanks.
- Echinodorus is a very hardy species of aquatic plants. Most Echinodorus require nutrient-dense soil to thrive as they are heavy root feeders.
- Echinodorus grow fairly large and are more suitable for larger planted aquariums.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- Please be sure to remove this plant from its pot. Remove the cotton surrounding the roots and plant into a quality substrate. For instructions on how to properly prep "potted" aquarium plants, click here.
- CO2 injection and quality aquarium soil will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.