Common Name: Echinodorus Magdalenensis
Echinodorus Magdalenensis is one of the 3 variants similar to Echinodorus Quadricostatus, sometimes referred to as Helanthium Quadricostatus. E. Magdalenensis features long foliage with the classic light green hue. Similar to other swords, Echinodorus Magdalenensis is fairly hearty and can adapt to a wide range of aquarium conditions. This aquatic plant is a great choice for beginners or those who are looking for low maintenance aquatic plants. Care is minimal and as long as a nutrient rich substrate is provided, this aquatic plant will thrive as swords are heavy root feeders. Regular maintenance will also be required as these species are notorious for growing quite large and if left, can potentially shade the lower areas from much-needed light.
With a nutrient rich substrate these plants will tolerate most lighting conditions, but moderate to high lighting is ideal. CO2 injection is not necessary but will help the plant grow faster if desired. Echinodorus Magdalenensis can grow submersed or emersed. Its emersed form may produce lovely white flowers above the waterline.
- Echinodorus is a very hardy species of aquatic plants. Most Echinodorus require nutrient-dense soil to thrive as they are heavy root feeders.
- Echinodorus grow fairly large and are more suitable for larger planted aquariums.
- Tissue culture plants are grown in vitro from a state of the art laboratory specialized in propagating aquatic plants. They provide the best option for those who want to ensure that absolutely zero unwanted pests are introduced into the aquarium.
- Remove tissue culture gel before planting. Simply wash the gel away or soak the plant in water and squeeze the gel off with your fingers.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- For instructions on how to properly plant tissue culture aquarium plants, click here.
- CO2 injection and quality aquarium soil will yield better growth.
Family Name: Alismataceae
Origin: South America
Light: Low to Medium
Co2: Not necessary
Propagation: Split runners and replant
Growth rate: Fast
Because we love our plants so much and don't want to let them go, we only ship on Monday. Just kidding!
For the safety of these magical plants, we only ship Monday through Wednesday, and Friday. Orders placed after 1pm Pacific Time will be shipped the following day.
Rimless aquariums and other hard goods will be shipped Monday through Friday via UPS Ground or freight. When purchasing plants/livestock with any hard goods, they will sometimes be shipped separately; but don't worry, we'll be sure to keep you updated with your purchase!
Please make sure your shipping address is correct as we will not be held responsible for DOA due to an undeliverable addresses.
Hard goods can be returned up to 30 days after purchase for a full refund as long as the product is unused and new in box. We offer store credit for items that have been opened and used. Customer will have to pay for return shipping freight.
We are unable to accept returns for perishable items such as plants or livestock. However, feel free to reach out to us if you are unsatisfied in any way! We do provide 100% DOA (Dead On Arrival) protection.
If your plants arrived DOA (Dead On Arrival), please provide a clear picture of the plants sealed in its original packaging within 12 hours of the package arrival at the shipping address.
Send all pictures, along with your order number to email@example.com or through Facebook Messenger.
During winter (under 50°F at your location), please remember to add a heat pack to your order to receive our DOA guarantee. Orders without the purchase of a heat pack will not qualify for DOA replacements, refunds or credits.
Don’t worry, we’ll take care of your order as long as it fits within the guidelines above!
We will not be able to refund gift cards for cash from the gift card receiver. However, if you purchased the gift card for someone and decide you need a refund, please contact us!