Echinodorus Red Phoenix
Common Name: Echinodorus Red Phoenix
Echinodorus Red Phoenix is a beautiful species of Amazon Sword for the planted aquarium. Red Phoenix features oval leaves with a pointed tip that range shades of green, orange and red, depending on aquarium conditions. Like other aquatic swords, E. Red Phoenix is a sizeable specimen, making it suitable for the mid to background areas of larger aquariums. Care is fairly simple and this genus will tolerate a wide range of aquarium conditions. To start, we recommend choosing a nutrient-dense aquarium soil to help this aquatic plant establish. Amazon Swords are heavy root feeders and will absorb a good amount of nutrition from the base. Lighting isn't as much of a concern, but anywhere from low to moderate lighting levels are sufficient for this plant. Echinodorus Red Phoenix can be grown submerged and emersed and will display a difference in appearance depending on the chosen setting.
- Echinodorus is a very hardy species of aquatic plants. Most Echinodorus require nutrient-dense soil to thrive as they are heavy root feeders.
- Echinodorus grow fairly large and are more suitable for larger planted aquariums.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- Please be sure to remove this plant from its pot. Remove the cotton surrounding the roots and plant into a quality substrate. For instructions on how to properly prep "potted" aquarium plants, click here.
- CO2 injection and quality aquarium soil will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
Family Name: Alismataceae
Co2: Not necessary
Propagation: Adventitious shoots
Growth rate: Fast