Echinodorus Uruguayensis Variegated
Echinodorus Uruguayensis Variegated is an aquatic plant and this variation displays variegated pattern leaves.
Uruguayensis Variegated should be planted directly into a quality aquarium substrate. When using inert substrates such as sand or gravel, it is important to supplement the plants with root tabs as Echinodorus are heavy root feeders. Overall, this aquatic plant is easy, undemanding and very suitable for larger planted aquariums.
- Echinodorus is a very hardy species of aquatic plants. Most Echinodorus require nutrient-dense soil to thrive as they are heavy root feeders.
- Echinodorus grow fairly large and are more suitable for larger planted aquariums.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- Please be sure to remove this plant from its pot. Remove the cotton surrounding the roots and plant into a quality substrate. For instructions on how to properly prep "potted" aquarium plants, click here.
- CO2 injection and quality aquarium soil will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
Family Name: Alismaaceae
Origin: South America
Co2: Not Required
Propagation: Separate new plantlets from the root
Growth rate: Fast