Echinodorus Yeni is a rare aquatic sword species that has beautiful red veins on short, round leaves. Like most Echinodorus species, Echinodorus Yeni is easy to grow and a great aquatic plant for beginners. This particular species remains compact when compared to its larger counterparts such as Echinodorus Bleheri or other popular sword species. They are comparable in appearance to Echinodorus Reni, which is a hybrid of Echinodorus Ozelot and Echinodorus Bear.
Sword plants should be planted in nutrient-dense aquarium soil as a minimum as they are heavy root feeders. If possible, the addition of a routine dosing schedule, quality aquarium lighting, and clean water will help to encourage quick and healthy growth.
- Echinodorus is a very hardy species of aquatic plants. Most Echinodorus require nutrient-dense soil to thrive as they are heavy root feeders.
- Echinodorus grow fairly large and are more suitable for larger planted aquariums.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- Please be sure to remove this plant from its pot. Remove the cotton surrounding the roots and plant into a quality substrate. For instructions on how to properly prep "potted" aquarium plants, click here.
- CO2 injection and quality aquarium soil will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
Common Name: Echinodorus Yeni
Family Name: Alismaaceae
Co2: Not Required
Propagation: Separate new plantlets from the root
Growth rate: Moderate