Fissidens Nobilis on Stainless Steel
Common Name: Fissidens Nobilis
Fissidens Nobilis is gorgeous, feathery aquatic moss that will add brightness and dimension to any planted tank. A newly discovered moss that hails from Asia, this plant is adaptable and virtually maintenance-free once it has taken root. While Fissidens Nobilis can survive in a variety of conditions, it prefers a lower temperature, around 77°F. Unlike other mosses, Fissidens Nobilis can be planted directly into the substrate, or will readily attach itself to an appropriate surface without the nuisance of frequent re-tying. This moss is a popular option for creating a natural look with rocks or driftwood.
- Aquarium moss is extremely hardy and will survive in a wide range of aquarium parameters.
- Please note, most moss species can contain brown bits and while suitable for low tech tanks, CO2 injection will yield better growth and coloration.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- CO2 injection and quality aquarium soil will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
Family Name: Fissidentaceae
Height: 3-10 cm
Co2: Not necessary
Propagation: Tie to desired surface
Growth rate: Slow
Each Mat is approximately 3" x 3"