Common Name: Fittonia Albivenis, Silver Fittonia, Nerve Plant
Fittonia Albivenis is a creeping, evergreen perennial that comes from tropical rainforests in South America. Easily identified by its striking pattern, Fittonia Albivenis showcases bold white veins against its dark green leaves that make for a unique plant with attractive looks. Fittonia is generally easy-going and can be used in terrarium-like setups such as vivariums and paludariums. This plant should not be submerged fully in water, but it will enjoy relatively high humidity and misting on its leaves.
- This is not an aquarium plant. Submerging it completely will result in the death of this plant.
- Fittonia works well in terrarium-like setups and should be partially shaded.
- Remove the cotton surrounding the roots and plant into quality soil. For instructions on how to properly prep aquarium plants, click here.
- Yellowing of leaves indicates overwatering.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
Family Name: Acanthaceae
Origin: South America
Light: Low to Medium
Propagation: Stem cuttings
Growth rate: Slow