Green Water Labs - Algae Control
Algae Control is a non-toxic, water soluble liquid that can be applied as a foliar spray or added directly to planted aquariums and bodies of water. The active ingredients are extracted from organic waste and are free of copper, ammonia, and peroxides. They target and inhibit various forms of algae and cyanobacteria in the water column, resulting in a cleaner, healthier planted aquarium. Algae Control's specialized formula is designed to attack filamentous, suspended, and attached algae species by targeting enzymes necessary for its photosynthesis.
Algae Control is 100% safe for ecosystems and will not harm fish, shrimp, snails, turtles, or aquatic plants when dosage guidelines are followed. Simply make sure to not overdose. This solution is made from plants, renewable, and completely non-toxic to the Earth.
Several aquascapers have seen great results when adding Algae Control along with any fertilizers they use. Sometimes fertilizers can spark algae blooms, especially if you are adding too much. Algae Control will help mitigate any blooms from fertilizers and other additives you are throwing in your tank.
You can add Algae Control as soon as you set up your tank. Then, keep dosing regularly (weekly or bi-weekly) after each water change depending on how serious your algae problem is. Please expect up to 2-4 weeks of regular dosing after water changes before you see results. Refer to the chart below for more details on average dosing.
Notes on dosing:
- If you have especially sensitive fauna, you may start with 1oz. per 10 gallons of water and monitor your tank's inhabitants before increasing to the regular dosage
- Gently shake the bottle prior to dosing - Floating bits are normal
- We recommend adding the solution directly into the aquarium filter - Cloudiness is expected initially as the solution mixes in the tank
- If you are doing frequent water changes you may need to increase the dosage to heavy levels
- The solution is slightly acidic - If you are concerned about any changes in pH, you may start with 1oz. per 10 gallons and monitor before increasing to the regular dosage
- Each bottle is 16 ounces or approximately 473.2 mL
Black beard algae and Cyanobacteria specifically can be a real nuisance in tanks. Spot treating the algae with a dropper or syringe with Algae Control will greatly improve its effectiveness toward these types of algae.
More questions? Click for the Safety Data Sheet on this product.
Ingredients include proprietary plant extract, acetic acid, ascorbic acid, and water.