Helanthium Vesuvius (Echinodorus)
Common Name: Echinodorus Vesuvius
Helanthium 'Vesuvius', previously known as Echinodorus Vesuvius, features bright green leaves that exhibit a curling growth pattern. When provided with optimal conditions and a clean environment, Helanthium Vesuvius grows at a steady pace and makes for a wonderful background plant choice. It is quite hardy and can be easily propagated by separating plantlets that form via runners.
- Echinodorus is a very hardy species of aquatic plants. Most Echinodorus require nutrient-dense soil to thrive as they are heavy root feeders.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- Please be sure to remove this plant from its pot. Remove the cotton surrounding the roots and plant into a quality substrate. For instructions on how to properly prep "potted" aquarium plants, click here.
- CO2 injection and quality aquarium soil will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
Light: Low to Medium
Co2: Not necessary
Propagation: Split runners and replant