Java Fern Mat
Common Name: Java Fern
***Every live plant is unique. Height and shape of mat will vary.***
Java fern is one of the most popular aquarium plants in the hobby due to it’s beauty and easy care. They can grow in low light conditions and a wide range of water parameters. The mini version is perfect for any tank size due to their smaller leaves.
The plant can be attached directly onto driftwood, rocks or any aquarium decoration using thread or glue. Make sure to keep the rhizomes above your substrate or the plant can begin to rot. Propagation is easy and straightforward; simply cut or pull apart rhizomes to be replanted.
- Java Fern is an epiphytic aquarium plant. This means it can grow fine when attached to aquascaping hardscape like driftwood and stones.
- Burying the rhizome will cause the plant to die
- Java Fern will propagate through its leaves. Dots on the underside of its leaves are normal and not a cause for concern.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- CO2 injection will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
Family Name: Polypodiaceae
Mat size may vary: 4x1"
Co2: Not Required
Propagation: Separate by Rhizome
Growth rate: Slow to Moderate