Ludwigia Arcuata Aquatic Farmer Tissue Culture
Common Name: Needle Leaf Ludwigia
Needle leaf ludwigia is a beautiful plant with delicate green and red leaves. This is an easy plant to keep that adds movement and dimension to the aquarium. Needle leaf plants have thin, pointed leaves that grow in opposite pairs along the whole length of the stem. The leaves can be green or red depending on the amount of iron available in the water. If pruned frequently, this plant will branch out and provide a bushy filler for the mid- or background of your tank.
Needle leaf is a versatile plant, but to get the desirable bright red color, you must provide high lighting and nutrient levels. High iron content will bring out more red tones in the plant. CO2 injection is not required for the cultivation of this plant, but can help it grow more robustly. The plant can be grown submersed or emersed.
When grown emersed, the leaves tend to be round like other types of ludwigia and remain green. When grown under high light and submerged in an aquarium, the leaves turn thin and orange to red depending on nutrient. Dosing UNS Plant and iron supplements will bring out the deep red coloration.
Propagation can be achieved by taking cuttings from the main stem of the plant that are replanted into the substrate.
- Tissue culture plants are grown in vitro from a state of the art laboratory specialized in propagating aquatic plants. They provide the best option for those who want to ensure that absolutely zero unwanted pests are introduced into the aquarium.
- Remove tissue culture gel before planting. Simply wash the gel away or soak the plant in water and squeeze the gel off with your fingers.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- For instructions on how to properly prep tissue culture aquarium plants, click here.
- CO2 injection and quality aquarium soil will yield better growth.
Family Name: Onagraceae
Origin: North America
Light: Medium to High
Co2: Not necessary
Growth Rate: Moderate