Common name: Ludwigia Senegalensis, Ludwigia sp 'Guinea'
Remove the lead weight and sponge from the stems and plant each stem individually into your substrate
Ludwigia Senegalensis is a beautiful stem plant which can develop a red vein-like pattern on the leaves. The red coloration becomes more pronounced under high light with the addition of iron and other micro nutrients. This plant is considered rare and not commonly seen in the aquarium trade as very few farms currently grow it.
Propagation can be achieved by taking cuttings from the main stem of the plant that are replanted into the substrate.
- Ludwigia can be very fragile. Be sure to handle this aquarium plant with care.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- Remove the cotton surrounding the roots and plant into a quality substrate. For instructions on how to properly prep aquarium plants, click here.
- CO2 injection and quality aquarium soil will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
Family Name: Onagraceae
Light: Medium to high
Growth Rate: Moderate