Java Fern Windelov Twisted
Common Name: Java Fern Windelov Twisted, Microsorum Pteropus
Similar to Widelov, hence the name, Windelov Twisted features the same fine branched tips at a larger scale. Windelov Twisted is also larger in size and similar to most Microsorum Pteropus species, which will not be eaten by herbivorous fish species! Java fern is one of the most popular aquarium plants in the hobby due to its beauty and easy care. They can grow in low light conditions and a wide range of water parameters.
- Java Fern is an epiphytic aquarium plant. This means it can grow fine when attached to aquascaping hardscape like driftwood and stones.
- Java Fern will propagate through its leaves. Dots on the underside of its leaves are normal and not a cause for concern.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- Remove the cotton surrounding the roots and plant above a quality substrate. For instructions on how to properly prep aquarium plants, click here.
- Burying the rhizome will cause the plant to die
- CO2 injection will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
Family Name: Polypodiaceae
Co2: Not Required
Propagation: Separate by Rhizome
Growth rate: Slow to Moderate