Mini Pellia on Stainless Steel Mesh
Mini Pellia / Riccardia Chamedryfolia / Coral Moss
Mini Pellia is a type of liverwort plant which has grown in popularity and demand over the past few years. It is a very versatile plant that can be attached to hardscape or left free floating. It can be grown under a wide range of aquarium conditions, recommended for breeders, beginners, and all. Pellia can be grown on driftwood, stones or any other decorations with a hard surface. Once established, this plant really tanks off and can grow to cover your aquarium. Like mosses, this plant provides excellent shade and coverage for shrimp and fish.
Note: we experience melting problems with this plant when grown in waters above 83 degrees so keep that tank cool!
- Aquarium moss is extremely hardy and will survive in a wide range of aquarium parameters.
- Please note, most moss species can contain brown bits and while suitable for low tech tanks, CO2 injection will yield better growth and coloration.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- CO2 injection and quality aquarium soil will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
Light: Low to medium
Co2: Not necessary but recommended
Propagation: Cut, Rip, Chew
3.0" x 3.0" patch of Mini Pellia on stainless steel