Common Name: Myriophyllum Tetrandrum
Myriophyllum Tetrandrum is a unique looking stem plant with fine and delicate leaves that grow similar to Parrot's Feather but much more suitable for submerged growth. It prefers hard water but can survive a wide range of aquarium conditions. The stem contains a reddish brown color while the feathery leaves have a bright green contrast.
This plant makes an excellent addition to the background of an aquascape. When grown in large clusters, it creates a thick bush of green which adds a dazzling effect.
- Pruning will be required to ensure other plants are not shaded from lighting.
- Myriophyllum species makes a great midground or background filler plant choice!
- Relatively hardy and adaptable to a range of aquarium parameters.
- Please be sure to remove this plant from its lead bunch. Remove the cotton surrounding the roots and plant into a quality substrate. For instructions on how to properly plant "lead bunch" aquarium plants, click here.
- CO2 injection and quality aquarium soil will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
Height: 4-12 inches
Light: Moderate to High
Propagation: Cut stem and replant
Growth rate: Fast