Nesaea Crassicaulis is a beautiful aquarium plant that features bold reddish-brown colored narrow leaves. Pictures show the plant's submerged form vs. emersed form. This particular aquarium plant has high demands for lighting and should be kept in a planted tank with high lighting and CO2 injection. Nesaea Crassicaulis is best when kept in soft water and can be moderately difficult to achieve lush growth.
If given optimal conditions, this aquarium plant will reward the aquarist and is a great addition to the background of any planted aquascape. The slight difference in color pops well with other green aquarium plants and red to pink aquatic plants. When planting, space should be left in between each stem to ensure lower levels receive lighting as lack of can result in bottom areas of the plant dying off. A unique gem, Nesaea Crassicaulis is a rarer sight to see and a beautiful way to add a diverse palette of colors into a planted aquarium.
Propagation is similar to other aquatic stem plants and can be gently trimmed and replanted into aquarium soil. Frequent trimming should be performed to encourage and produce bush-like growth.
- Nesaea is a beautiful aquarium plant! Please ensure proper lighting is provided to ensure bold colors are achieved.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- Please be sure to remove this plant from its wrap. Remove the foam surrounding the roots and plant into a quality substrate. For instructions on how to properly prep “bunched“ aquarium plants, click here.
- CO2 injection and quality aquarium soil will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
Light: Moderate to High
Propagation: Cut stem and replant
Growth rate: Fast