Pogostemon Erectus Tissue Culture - Small Cup
Common Name: Pogostemon Erectus
Pogostemon Erectus is a unique looking stem plant with pointy thin leaves growing from the center stem. This is a great background plant that has bright green coloration and can really grab a viewers attention when grown in a thick bush. To achieve bushy growth, consistent trimming and replanting should be done as new shoots grow and branch out where stems are cut.
Pogostemon Erectus is not the easiest aquarium plant to grow, so we recommend this one for hobbyists with more experience growing high-tech stem plants. Good lighting, CO2 and fertilizing with a specialized formula meant for aquarium plants is preferred to help Pogostemon Erectus thrive.
- Tissue culture plants are grown in vitro from a state of the art laboratory specialized in propagating aquatic plants. They provide the best option for those who want to ensure that absolutely zero unwanted pests are introduced into the aquarium.
- Remove tissue culture gel before planting. Simply wash the gel away or soak the plant in water and squeeze the gel off with your fingers.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- For instructions on how to properly plant tissue culture aquarium plants, click here.
- CO2 injection and quality aquarium soil will yield better growth.
- This is a SMALL portion. You will receive a smaller amount when compared to standard tissue culture portions.
Family Name: Lamiaceae
Light: Medium to High
Growth rate: Moderate
Propagation: Cut new growth along with roots