Pogostemon Stellatus Dassen Tissue Culture
Pogostemon Stellatus Dassen is a beautiful aquarium stem plant that works wonderfully in the background area of larger planted aquariums. When conditions are optimal, this aquatic stem produces vibrant shades of orange, pink and red.
Pogostemon's thin, pointed foliage grows in opposite pairs along the whole length of the stem, making it a great option for aquarium hobbyists in search of a full appearance. When properly maintained, Pogostemon Stellatus Dassen branches out and produces a full bushy effect. It can be rather finicky, so this plant is best for experienced hobbyists and aquariums that are established with stable parameters. Moderate to high lighting is best along with CO2 injection to support improved health. Propagation can be achieved via cuttings from the main stem of the plant that are replanted into the substrate.
- Tissue culture plants are grown in vitro from a state of the art laboratory specialized in propagating aquatic plants. They provide the best option for those who want to ensure that absolutely zero unwanted pests are introduced into the aquarium.
- Remove tissue culture gel before planting. Simply wash the gel away or soak the plant in water and squeeze the gel off with your fingers.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- For instructions on how to properly plant tissue culture aquarium plants, click here.
- CO2 injection and quality aquarium soil will yield better growth.
Family Name: Lamiaceae
Light: Moderate to High
Co2: Not necessary
Growth Rate: Medium