Common Name: Rotala Bossii
This Rotala species comes from India, where it grows in dimly lit freshwater. Rotala Bossii is a rare variant that is similar in appearance to the popular Rotala Rotundifolia, but this plant remains green. Like most Rotala species, this stem plant is fast-growing and easy to care for and propagate, and due to its size looks best in the background or midground of the aquarium, where its beautiful red leaves can contrast with the green of the foreground.
- Rotala has fragile leaves! Be sure to handle with care.
- Final coloration is ultimately dependent upon the conditions this plant is kept in. This is a live plant meaning size, shape and color may vary.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- Please be sure to remove this plant from its wrap. Remove the foam surrounding the roots and plant into a quality substrate. For instructions on how to properly prep “bunched“ aquarium plants, click here.
- CO2 injection and quality aquarium soil will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
Family Name: Lythraceae
pH: 5.0 - 8.0
Co2: Medium - High
Growth Rate: Fast