Rotala Coin Leaf
Common Name: Rotala Coin Leaf
This Rotala species comes from India, where it grows in dimly lit freshwater. It features rounded leaves with a green to red color. The red color will be enhanced with slightly higher lighting and CO2 supplement. Photos show difference in emersed form (rounded green leaves) versus submerged form (thin red/orange/pink leaves.)
Like most Rotala species, this aquatic stem plant is fast-growing and easy to care for and propagate. Due to its size, Rotala Coin Leaf looks best in the background or midground of the aquarium, where its beautiful red leaves can contrast with the green of the foreground.
- Rotala has fragile leaves! Be sure to handle with care.
- Final coloration is ultimately dependent upon the conditions this plant is kept in. This is a live plant meaning size, shape and color may vary.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- Please be sure to remove this plant from its wrap. Remove the foam surrounding the roots and plant into a quality substrate. For instructions on how to properly prep “bunched“ aquarium plants, click here.
- CO2 injection and quality aquarium soil will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
Family Name: Lythraceae
pH: 5.0 - 8.0
Growth Rate: Fast