Rotala Macrandra Yellow
Common Name: Rotala Macrandra, Rotala Yellow
Rotala Macrandra Yellow is a beautiful aquarium plant that is highly enjoyed by enthusiasts. Like most Rotala species, its delicate and dramatic appearance makes for a bold mid-ground to background aquatic plant choice. Its only downside, subjectively, is that is quite demanding and requires specific care to flourish. High lighting must be used to yield vivid coloration and CO2 injection is very beneficial for the health of this species. When planting Rotala Macrandra Yellow, ample space should be left in between to ensure all areas of the plant receive good lighting and consistent pruning will be necessary. To achieve propagation, take a cutting from one of the plant's side shoots or axial roots and re-plant it into quality aquarium soil.
- Rotala has fragile leaves! Be sure to handle with care.
- Final coloration is ultimately dependent upon the conditions this plant is kept in. This is a live plant meaning size, shape and color may vary.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- Please be sure to remove this plant from its wrap. Remove the foam surrounding the roots and plant into a quality substrate. For instructions on how to properly prep “bunched“ aquarium plants, click here.
- CO2 injection and quality aquarium soil will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
Family Name: Lythraceae
Growth Rate: Medium