Rotala Narrow Leaf Sp. Red
Common Name: Rotala Narrow Leaf Sp. Red
A beautiful, red leaf Rotala species!
Rotala Narrow Leaf Red offers bright pops of red tones in a planted aquarium. Pictures show the plant's submerged form vs. emersed form. As a relatively easy-care plant, Rotala Narrow Leaf Sp. Red is a great choice for a wide range of skill levels and will provide great contrast in any tank. Rotala Narrow Leaf Sp. Red would work great in Dutch-style aquariums as well. To keep the distinctive red color, ensure that the Rotala has plenty of phosphates (1.5 - 2.0 ppm) and not too much nitrate. (10ppm or less.) An incorrect amount of either of these nutrients will lead to stunted growth or discolored leaves.
- Rotala has fragile leaves! Be sure to handle with care.
- Final coloration is ultimately dependent upon the conditions this plant is kept in. This is a live plant meaning size, shape and color may vary.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- Please be sure to remove this plant from its wrap. Remove the foam surrounding the roots and plant into a quality substrate. For instructions on how to properly prep “bunched“ aquarium plants, click here.
- CO2 injection and quality aquarium soil will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
Family Name: Lythraceae
Light: Medium to High
Propagation: Cut stem and replant
Growth rate: Moderate to Fast