Rotala Sp. Pearl
Common Name: Rotala Pearl
Rotala Sp. Pearl is a beautiful variation of Rotala that is suitable for nano tanks. This particular species is delicate in appearance and is able to produce green, purple and pink hues when provided with optimal conditions. As mentioned, Rotala sp. Pearl is a smaller Rotala plant and can be used for the midground to background area in the planted aquarium. Like other Rotala, it works well when planted in groups and consistent trimming will encourage the branching growth that helps produce a bushy effect.
Propagation is like any other stem plant, simply cut anywhere along the stem and replace. This plant grows relatively fast so maintenance is required to prevent its bottom leaves from being starved of lighting. CO2 injection, nutrients via dosing and quality aquarium soil are recommended for this aquatic plant.
- Rotala has fragile leaves! Be sure to handle with care.
- Final coloration is ultimately dependent upon the conditions this plant is kept in. This is a live plant meaning size, shape and color may vary.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- Please be sure to remove this plant from its wrap. Remove the foam surrounding the roots and plant into a quality substrate. For instructions on how to properly prep “bunched“ aquarium plants, click here.
- CO2 injection and quality aquarium soil will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
Family Name: Lythraceae
Origin: Southeast Asia
Growth Rate: Fast